FOR BUYERSBuying a home is one of the most important financial decisions that a person can make. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a first time home buyer, you deserve the best representation available. Be assured that you'll always command our utmost diligence and expertise. As your Realtor, we'll make home buying the pleasant, exciting and rewarding experience that it should be. We are here to guide and educate you through the entire home buying process. Meet The Fitzgerald Team.
- Defining your goals. Understanding that buying a home is such a big step, it’s all the more important for you to educate and prepare yourself as much as possible in advance. This means as clearly as possible determining where you’d like to buy and what kind of home you’re looking for. And because buying and financing a home are so closely related, it also means examining your current financial situation and projecting how much you can afford.
- Getting Pre-Qualified. Not only can The Fitzgerald Team assist you with finding the best place to call home, but also provide trusted resources such as trusted mortgage professionals who can help you get pre-qualified and provide you with competitive lending options. Generally, it is recommended that you get pre-qualified for a loan before you start viewing homes with the serious intention of buying. The pre-approval process involves meeting with a lender and authorizing them to examine your current financial situation and credit history. On the basis of this examination the lender will provide you with a document that details how much you can borrow to buy a home.
- Searching for homes. The key to the home buying process is knowing what you’re looking for. Among other things, that means distinguishing between your “must-haves” and “like-to-haves”. That said, here are a few recent facts about the search process that might put your experience in perspective:
- Over 90% of buyers use the Internet to search for homes
- The typical buyer searches for 12 weeks and views 12 homes
- 81% of buyers view real estate agents as very useful in the search process